According to a recent Instagram survey, 56% of respondents say it’s normal for them to eat salad as a main meal. The key? Stuffing the salad with more than just lettuce. With that in mind, here’s an orange avocado chickpea salad, a great example of a bright, beautiful, refreshing salad to try for dinner soon!
If there’s one thing that’s clear after the recent post on making salad fun, it’s that there are endless possibilities to get your greens. For anyone who’s still warming up to the idea of salad as a main course: just browse that post to get inspired by a long list of readers’ favorite recipes and formulas. Salads for days!
When it comes to how to make turkey stuffing from scratch, a lot of people have opinions. What tastes like the real deal to you is probably what someone else used to make for you (nostalgia!). But, whether it’s cornbread or white bread, in the bird or out, the good news is there’s no wrong answer. You do you! And, just for fun, to give you a peek into a few other households, here’s my pick for how to make turkey stuffing from scratch, as well as four other inspired ideas from around the web.
In a recent informal Instagram survey, many of you voiced strong opinions about stuffing. Or dressing. Read More
With fall just around the corner, early September is a great time to cook up a hearty vegetable soup with mini meatballs. Even better, this recipe from Savorcalls for a long list of seasonal produce–perfect for using up what might be in your garden this time of year.
There are lots of reasons to love Ilona Oppenheim’s cookbook, Savor.Read More
If there’s anything better than fried chicken, it’s fried chicken on a waffle. (Am I right?) Comfort food meets comfort food in this soul food classic. So here’s a look at a lightened-up, healthier chicken and waffle recipe. Treat yourself to a bit of American history with this dish!
Here in Nashville, waffles are about as ubiquitous as hot chicken, at least according to an article in The Tennessean last year. Read More
Speaking of everybody’s favorite grocery store, have you tried Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi yet? Priced under $3 for a 12-ounce bag, it’s a meal option that’s free of gluten, wheat, sugar, dairy or eggs. It’s also only good when you know how to cook it. So, five bags in, here’s a fresh take on the easiest, foolproof way to make it.
You don’t have to be gluten-free to see the appeal of Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi. Roughly 75% cauliflower, according to the store’s blog, this trendy product is mostly vegetable, with the remaining 25% made of cassava flour, potato starch, olive oil and salt.Read More
Meet the weeknight dinner we’ve got on repeat. This oven fried chicken offers all the appeal of crisp coating, tender meat and hot spices–but with a healthier, oven-baked spin. And if hot chicken’s not your thing, no problem! Adjust the heat factor to you.
Growing up in the Midwest, I’d never heard of hot chicken. Here in Nashville, however, it’s the stuff of legend. Read More
This site uses functional cookies and external scripts to improve your experience.